What is the purpose of my blog?
The Short Version
- Part theological exploration, part personal journey, this blog is about renewal and reform.
- Its starting point is concern about the status quo of the Christian church(es), and a need to open up dialogue on some of historic Christianity’s most widely held assumptions and convictions.
- Its primary task is to re-visit and re-appropriate the central ideas of the earliest Reformation tradition, especially those of Martin Luther (1483-1546) and Philipp Melanchthon (1497-1560).
- It will proceed (mostly) as an exploration into Luther and Melanchthon’s thought, and of later theologians in this tradition.
- It will leave just about no aspect of traditional Christian institutions, doctrine, and life unexamined – so be warned! This is not a blog for the faint of heart.